Making a PDF????help

Discussion in 'Software' started by greybuffalo, Sep 17, 2014.

1. greybuffalo

greybuffalo Staff Sergeant

I copied and pasted a section of this article and attempted to make a pdf with Nitro Pro,but instead of images,I just get the web addresses??
    How do I fet around that,so I auto only see the images..PLEASE:cry
    I am trying to get this WORLD WAR 3 FOR DUMMIES from the beginning to the end(just before the advertising begins,after the yahoo banner),this is NOT illegal and the site owner encourages distribution http://www.tomatobubble.com/id686.html

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Install a pdf printer (if you don't have one) I use DoPDF.
    go to http://www.printwhatyoulike.com/
    copy and paste the url in there, then you can select what you want to print. You'll see a red outline around the part being 'snipped', left click and select isolate. Then you can left click on anything you want to and remove or isolate it too, then when you have what you want print to PDF, click print on the left hand side menu and select your PDf printer.

3. greybuffalo

I am not looking to print,I just wanted it on a usb stick....

4. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

5. greybuffalo

Oh..o.k
    I will try that and come back to you
    Thanx

6. wwfc550

wwfc550 Private E-2

If you are using Microsoft Office it should have a built in option under Save As to save as a PDF file.

Definitely in Office 2010 and later, I think in 2007 with a service pack.

7. greybuffalo

I tried that Cutepdf link and downloaded,but that was only for two readme files
    Nevertheless,I went to Prinywhatyouwant and copied everything,but now i only seem to get the images with the only text being under the image,nothing else:cry
    see attached..cannot attach:cry security token missing:puke
    I am trying to print WORLD WAR 3 FOR DUMMIES herehttp://www.tomatobubble.com/id686.html:cry

8. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

If you're are using Firefox or Pale Moon(x86) you might try Print pages to Pdf :: Firefox Add-on/Extension. It will create a PDF file of the page you linked to. Then you can open the file with Nitro and edit out what you don't want.

As others have suggested, PDF printer(s) are easy to use. Just tell your browser to print the page. When the dialogue box opens, select the PDF printer you've installed. In my case it is PrimoPDF - MajorGeeks. PDF printer(s) will work for almost any program that has a "Print" option.

9. greybuffalo

I highlighted everything,and made the pdf,but instaed of images,just the links for the images come out?

10. plastidust

When using the "Print pages to Pdf" or any of the PDF printer(s), you do not want to do a copy paste operation.

For the PDF printer(s) mentioned, you just tell the web browser to "Print" the page. When you select the "Print" option from your browser, a dialogue box will open. From there you will be able to select what printer you want to use. You just select which ever PDF printer you have installed, DoPDF for example. Then select "Print" in the dialogue box, a PDF file will be created in a folder of your choice.

With "Print pages to PDF", you right click on the page, from the context menu highlight the "Print pages to PDF" option, in the submenu, select the "Print active Tab". A pop-up box will open showing the progress of the conversion process as it converts the page to a PDF file. Then it will open the file in the default PDF viewer and display a save dialogue window.

11. greybuffalo

Nitro Pro

Oh,
    now that makes sense,not to use the copy and paste..thanx.
    I have Nitro Pro,how do i go about this cut and then bookmark one page at a time?/
    I have 25 pages?:wave

12. plastidust

Re: Nitro Pro

Sorry, ^that^ I don't know. I don't have Nitro Pro installed. Someone that is familiar with Nitro will have to help you there.

Were it me, I would probably create a new blank PDF file and copy what I wanted out of converted(web page)PDF and then paste that into the newly created blank PDF.

13. foogoo

14. foogoo

15. greybuffalo

Thanx,
    I think I am going to copy and paste,but how do I create a blank pdf...please?

16. plastidust

greybuffalo, foogoo has done 99.9% of the editing for you. If you download the(53.75MB:eek ) PDF linked to, you will save yourself a lot of time.

As for creating a new blank pdf, "File" > "New File".

17. greybuffalo

Thanx foogoo

I appreciate that!
    Just would love to master this PDF thing,as if I need to edit something,then I then convert it to word.
    I'm oldscool :major
    And thanx plastidust

18. foogoo

19. greybuffalo

But I have Nitro Pro already,isnt that a good one?

20. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Probably okay but much easier to work with a file (scrap pdf) in another format then when you have it exactly the way you want it convert the final file to pdf. You are making it extremely complex by wanting it in pdf and then editing it. pdf was originally intended to be a non-editable type file.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds