Retro gaming messed up my screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thripston, Sep 18, 2014.

1. thripston

thripston Private First Class

I ran an old game on my PC and it's permanently altered my screen colours, or some other setting as the text doesn't quite look right either. I have tried to access all methods to correct it but I can't seem to find anything to get back to what it was. I tried a system restore and that hasn't done anything. I really can't figure this out. I appreciate my description is a little vague but I don't really know where to begin with this. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    J

2. thripston

thripston Private First Class

Update - I hooked the system up to another monitor and colours etc seemed as they should be. So it's obviously my monitor got messed up by trying to run this game. Now I need to figure if there's a fix or I simply just need a new monitor.

3. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

There are a LOT of things that can cause this. The good news is that your monitor is probably OK. The bad news is something changed in Windows.

Check your resolution and everything on that page, icon size, etc.
    See if your monitor has a driver available, uninstall and reinstall.
    Completely uninstall all your video drivers, clean things up and reinstall.
    Try a Windows classic theme.

Post what you see during the above or if you don't want to do some of it. You may have to Google the procedures or post here and we will explain more.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds