New Computer Advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lovemymcdreamy, Nov 1, 2009.

1. lovemymcdreamy

lovemymcdreamy Private First Class

I want to buy a new computer desktop. I need advice on a good one. I don't do gaming. I had a gateway but it was expensive but only lasted 3 years. I was upset. Can anyone tell me what is a good system to buy?
    Thanks....

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Some info on the following would help us,

What is your max spend on this PC?
    What do you want to use the PC for, is it just basic stuff in internet and office tasks or is it needed to run graphic or video apps and high end games etc?

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

What went wrong on there, do you know?

4. lovemymcdreamy

lovemymcdreamy Private First Class

Perhaps around 500.00 Basic stuff. I would like at least 4G of memory and a recorder for the TV built in. So I am not sure of the cost with all that and a good brand.

5. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

If you do basic stuff you really don't need 4gb ram. I think for you 2gb and a dual core cpu would be more the enough.

When you buy a PC you can buy an tv tuner card to watch/record tv on your pc.

I think something like this would be good for you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds