Formated the computer now

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xp_master_of_system, Mar 14, 2009.

1. xp_master_of_system

xp_master_of_system Private E-2

hey all i formated my computer now and i don't have wireless connection but i do have wired connection i wanna kno how do i get it to connect to the internet

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

3. xp_master_of_system

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I am not sure what you require?
    You say you have a wired connection, do you have internet with that?
    Do you want to connect to the internet with wireless?

5. xp_master_of_system

i want to connect to the internet with my wired connection i formatted the computer but i got no internet so i can do all my update's

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Open the router's administration tool. From the computer connected to the router, first open your Web browser. Then enter the router's address for network administration in the Web address field and hit return to reach the router's home page.

Many routers are reached by either the Web address "http://192.168.1.1" or "http://192.168.0.1" your router's documentation should give you the IP address if it is different you do not need a working Internet connection for this step.

7. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Might try powering down entire network and power up in sequence - modem, router, then comp. Also check firewall settings.

8. xp_master_of_system

Wat u mean by that m8 i don't understand this bit

9. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

What Ibmest means is turn off everything Modem/router/PC and then power each device in sequence first the modem then the router and finally the PC.
    Also before you switch the router of press the reset button.

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you formatted your PC, then did you also re-install all the drivers? From Chipset to Ethernet as if you didnt you are likely not to get a connection from the ethernet port on your PC.

Open up Device Manager and check for Yellow ! marks and if you have any tell us what they are by.

11. xp_master_of_system

I done all that m8 but i am also trying to get my 320G harddrive going aswel but i need to upload drivers for that aswel "but when done" it say E: is not accessible and access denied:confused

12. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

In Device Manager are their any Yellow ! Marks and if so by what devices? very crucial to know as this tells us what device drivers maybe missing.

Have you managed to get an internet connection yet? if you have not, then when you double click Intenet Explorer to open a webpage what happens, include any error messages and what the screen looks like.

As for the hard drive, is this a secondary hard drive and not the master drive, with Windows on it?

What Windows version you using?

Its likely that you need to take ownership of this drive/folders http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

13. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Really sounds like you need drivers, or updates thereof, and permissions...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds