can't find cursor multi-select feature

Discussion in 'Software' started by tedybear4, Jan 24, 2009.

1. tedybear4

tedybear4 Private E-2

In xp i was able to select a range of files by using the cursor to select multiple files and press the shift key to indicate a range to be worked on. To select random files I could use the cursor and press ctrl. I have been unable to do it on vista. I suspect it is possible in vista, but I am clueless about what to do to enable it. can you help me?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

The exact same route to this is no different in Vista, possible causes off hand are if this is a new occurance and on a new install of Vista then you may dependent on keyboard need to install its drivers.

Could be the theme you are using and its Aero Glass effect is too light to notice a change, try a different theme.

Or only other fix I have seen for this was this one back from the RTM days of Vista http://social.technet.microsoft.com.../thread/299704d5-ef43-4924-8136-19f4964a34f3/ 2nd post from Ronnie and Keiths batchfile fix. (would do a systen restore point before running this as I've never used it or had this issue so cannot test) but knowing the two that posted this info its ok to use.

3. tedybear4

tedybear4 Private E-2

Halo:
    Thanks for the advice. I'll try to set up the batchfile fix and let you know how that works out.

Tedybear4

4. tedybear4

tedybear4 Private E-2

Hi:
    I had a problem loading another program, and I went to a safe mode restart.
    It seemed to have solved the multi-select problem.

Thanks again.

Tedybear4

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds