I can connect to the internet, but not the host computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mpsmom, Aug 19, 2008.

1. mpsmom

mpsmom Private E-2

I am on a wireless connection via a host computer in the same home. The other computer is connected to the qwest modem and a linksys router. I can connect to the internet, but not to the shared file on the other computer. We are in the same workgroup and I have tried just typing in the name of the other computer, but get an error msg that it can't be found. Can someone walk me through some troubleshooting. I tried going to the other machine and setting up a network with that computer as host and others connecting to the internet through it and got an error msg that other computers cannot connect to the internet through that machine (even though I already am).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds