explorer.exe can't locate normaliz.dll EASY VERY EASY FIX

Discussion in 'Software' started by hedevil2000, Nov 12, 2008.

1. hedevil2000

hedevil2000 Private E-2

i just had major issues trying to install a copy of IE7 on my win xp system where i got the error explorer.exe can't locate normaliz.dll when starting up.

thank fully i tried a few tricks that did not work. these were confirmed by someone on a thred with a similar name as this as what he tried.

Unfortunatly for him he ended up loosing all his info etc and mate if you read this i have done it so many tmes now i have lost count so dont orry you're not alone.

HOWEVER, although a lot of people gave good advice i have found a very simple solution that will work with any .dll file that goes missing and explore cant load. heres what i did in this situation.

- loaded windows

- got explorer.exe can't locate normaliz.dll

- CRTL + ALT + DEL i brought up task manager

- i went file - newtask (run)

- i , on another computer had gone to www.dll-files.com and downloaded a copy of normaliz.dll and put it on a usb key. the website even showed me where i was to put it as after searching for normaliz.dll on another pc i was unable to find it.

- in the browse for the application box that came up after clicking run in task manager i went to my usb key changed the box from applications to all files, got the normaliz.dll and copied it to c:\windows\system32\

- after i did that i closed the browse window, went "run" agian typed "explorer" and BANG!! WINDOWS STARTED.

- i then went to c:\Windows\ie7\spunist\ ran spunist.exe got rid off ie7 restarted as it said to and bang all back to working as it should be.

i dont know if anyone will ever read this but if they do i hope they can fix this simple problem that seemed all hope was gone (i had my copy of windows in my cd drive ready to reinstall)

***NOTE*** i did all this in safe mode but it shpould matter if it is in normal or safe. i however suggest safe as to not stuff anything else up.

ENJOY

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds