Conflict between Avast and MS Starfiield screensaver?

Discussion in 'Software' started by aikox2, Aug 24, 2005.

1. aikox2

aikox2 Private E-2

I had been having all sorts of problems with crashes on my wife's pc that I could not resolve. I put together a whole new box for her, did a clean install of Win2K, added SP4 and the rest of the critical updates, installed Avast 4 AV, and all was running well through all the repeated reboots and all. Then I turned on the Starfield screensaver, and BAM, crash to bluescreen.

The old PC was working fine when it was my daughter's. I gave it to my wife, cleaned up a few files, turned on the screensaver and started having all these problems that I never had before, but I never associated it with the screensaver!!

Could this be?

Anyone else have this problem?

Scott

2. aikox2

aikox2 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds