internet pages all have white background???

Discussion in 'Software' started by selftotnewby, May 22, 2009.

1. selftotnewby

selftotnewby Private E-2

i have a buddy with a toishiba laptop and when you use the internet or mozilla all of the web pages have a white background... no color. example this forum is all white on this laptop.

i ran malwarebytes and adaware looking for malware that might have caused it. also used symantec end point protection to scan.

XP system

anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem

2. selftotnewby

selftotnewby Private E-2

i just tried safe mode and the background is still white

3. selftotnewby

selftotnewby Private E-2

sorry about that

IE7 white background
    firefox white background
    firefox safe mode white background

4. Elder_Usr

Elder_Usr Sergeant

Question, try opening IE, using "Start, Run, iexplore /safe" that'll run without ad-ons, and see if that would fix, also try Mozilla, in Safe Mode. Last but not least, is it literally just a white page when it comes up, in the bottom left corner of the screen, does it say, "Detecting Proxy Settings?"

Thanks.

5. selftotnewby

selftotnewby Private E-2

that fixed it!!!! thanks

6. Vashandra

Vashandra Private E-2

I am having a similar issue on my bosses computer. I had already tried several browsers with the same issue, reset her drivers, updated explorer and java and such..... i will try this, with any luck it will work. I'll let you know, thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds