Advanced Windows Care V2

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rodansdoll, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Rodansdoll

Rodansdoll Private E-2

I just recently downloaded and installed the Advanced Windows Care V2, and it seems like a good program and appears easy to use. It has not slowed down my computer any at all.

The problem is that now I cannot access my Earthlink Webmail. Error message says that some software is blocking a temporary cookie. I have not changed any settings and was able to access my webmail prior to installing the AWC V2. I do not know what cookie to look for and how to enable it. My Internet Options are set to accept first party cookies and to block 3rd party cookies. As I said previously, I was able to access the Earthlink Webmail prior to installing this new program. My Juno Webmail is not affected, only my Earthlink.

I searched the AWC support page, but it said that you had to be a paying customer to send email support questions.

I am running XPHome SP2, with NIS, SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster, Adaware SE, Spybot, TrojanHunter, and A-Squared, with all updates current, and scans run this morning, claims to be clear.

I am a newbie, so any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Deborah

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Shut down Advanced Windows Care V2, then go to your email and get the cookie, then restart awc, it should accept the cookie. ed

3. Robert

Robert Sergeant

I installed a free version of AWC and found it had problems like that. There are plenty of free programs avaialable to do similar cleaning jobs which in my opinion are safer to use.
    Regseeker is one which is pretty good and of course the ever reliable Crapcleaner. Emptemp is another goodie and the trio together are in my opinion much safer to use particularly if new to computing.
    HTH
    Robert

4. Rodansdoll

Rodansdoll Private E-2

Thanks for responding both of you. I found that earthlink.net was listed on the cookies list for protection, and when I would click on the Care button to fix, it would block the earthlink cookie. How funny! I have always been suspicious of Earthlink placing adware and tracking cookies, but now I am sure of it, lol. I dont know who to add that cookie to any ignore list, so I have left it unchecked, but it keeps coming up as unprotected on the scans.

I already have Regseeker and CrapCleaner installed, and I use CC before every log off.

Before installing AWC, when logging into my Earthlink Webmail, a popup would warn me that a webpage was attempting to redirect me to ad.double.click, and I would always deny or say no. I think that it is interesting that since installing AWC, I do not get that warning at all. Is that a bad or a good thing? Does that mean that AWC is blocking the redirect, or am I being redirected without my knowledge?

Thanks again for responding,
    Deborah

5. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

ad.double click is a nessasary cookie for me, i am using net zero, i believe you should allow. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds