New, getting familiar

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by rkimrey, Dec 3, 2008.

1. rkimrey

rkimrey Private E-2

Hi, I'm new to posting forums, I usually read them for advise on problems that I have with my computer, but the one I have right now has me where I don't know where to start. So hopefully I can get the help I need here.

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

HI and a very warm welcome to the forums :wave

Where would you start? Well you could tell me what kind of problems you are having and I will point you in the direction of the correct forum to post and ask for help in, for example : Hardware..or Software :)

3. rkimrey

rkimrey Private E-2

I am currently running in safe mode, when I am running norm my system won't go online and will freeze up completly after trying to open start menu and open any program. I have tried to download and run stopzilla in safemode but I get a message that says that I have admin. blocks in place that won't allow it.

4. Kestrel13!

Make a post in software explaining your operating system and the problems you are having. That way you will receive assistance quicker as not everyone who helps out in software views the welcome centre

best of luck Kes :)

5. Kestrel13!

On the other hand if you think your machine could be infected please read this link here :

6. FaramirX

FaramirX Private E-2

You may have installed a bad driver or could just be infected. Ill look forward to your post.

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds