Need help networking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Katieboots, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Katieboots

Katieboots Private E-2

Okay I read through things here, but do not understand yet. :( This is what I have, 2 computers, both running windows xp sp2, a laptop running xp sp2... I cannot get any of the to communicate. I have DSL and a linksys 54mbps. The laptop is wireless, the regular computers are dsl wired. I am running earthlink. Everythng in the help sections of all the computers say I need a hub??

Can anyone help?

I am using internet security nortons on the wireless. Because I work on line..

I will answer all questions to my ability as I am new to networking..

Thanks

Kathleen

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

3. Katieboots

Katieboots Private E-2

ty, i followed the link, i still cannot get this to work. i do not know what i am doing wrong:(

is there another place with more step by step instructions then this?

Thanks
    Kathleen

4. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

5. gay2jp

gay2jp Private First Class

How are the PCs, linksys, and your modem connected (what to what)?

Your linksys is like a hub, but better.

Are you trying to share the DSL, or a printer, move files between computers, or all of that?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds