Realtek AC 97 audio driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by huntingdog0, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntingdog0

huntingdog0 Private First Class

I have recently downloaded ventrilo on my 2 computers so i can talk to my friends. We recently took these computers to a guy I know and he cleaned them and basically made them new. my microphone works on my desktop but not my laptop. I looked at the setup options for the microphone on ventrilo and made all the options on my laptop the exact same as on my desktop. My desktop's mixer option was set at realtek AC 97 Audio and it worked but my laptop did not have that option. I think my friend didnt install that driver on my laptop so i downloaded the files for it and i need to know how to install it now. I downloaded one in a zip file and one not. when i try to install the nonzip file i click on the setup to install it but when in loads it says "the software you are installing has not passed the windows logo testing to verify its compatability with the windows XP" and if i continue anyway it shutsdown my computer and doesnt install. please help!(if you have a different way of getting my microphone working by install something else please tell me but i dont think my laptop recognizes any microphones.) :) Thanks

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Are you sure that is the right driver?
    Post a make and model # if your PC is manufactured (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.) or your motherboard ID, if it is a build.
    Or even better:
    Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

3. huntingdog0

heres the report sorry like half a year late haha couldnt log in anyway here it is

Attached Files:

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Here are the drivers for that HP R3000 PC and as your PC has an AMD CPU and Nvidia Chipset then get the ADI 1981B Audio Driver for NVIDIA Chipset

5. huntingdog0

Thank you very much it took me almost a year but i found the answer here. This forum is the best forum I can find. I don't use any others anymore. Thanks I appreciate it a lot. Also when i record my voice it is very soft and i have to have the mic like nearly touching my mouth to hear myself. do you know how to fix this? when i put it on my desktop i can hear perfectly from nearly 5 feet away from the mic. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds