Laser Eye surgery?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mag00, Jul 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

Anyone here had laser lasik eye vision correction? Any first hand account of benifits or drawbacks?

I'm leaning toward getting the "procedure" as the spectacles are a problem for diving and other active sports. Contacts don't work for me, and I need a new avitar.

Maybe some other alternatives?

2. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

my mum had surgery. she has been shortsighted since childhood, (as have i). then with middleage she had to wear byfocals or trifocals even. (as do i) she says its marvelous and its the first time in her life she has depth perception. she is 70.
    aloha

3. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

My friend was classed as "clinically blind" without her glasses, she had the surgery, went very well but did need to go back for a correction. She doesn't wear glasses or contacts any more, now has 20/20 vision. She was 38 I think when she had it done.

4. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

you mean the Talibong right ?

5. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

when you stop calling me Flippen, yeah I am :p

6. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

Not being the shiniest pebble on the beach, what is talibong?

Smoking accessory?

7. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

Never talked to anybody who had this done except for workers at the clinic.

Seems reasonably save, and considering the risks of falling off of a cliff because I can't see, I suppose it equals out.

Good to know even old people survive the "procedure"

8. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

I'm gonna have lasering this summer if I can afford it :)

and Talibong is the Taco-clan, of which Kodo's not a part of :p

9. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

lol, deal... especially those free downloads sound cool ;):D

10. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

laurieB
    Agat Agat A ga ga ga ga ga gat.

I mustof really fallen asleep, or missed somthing, but it kindof reminds me of a cat coughin a furball lol

11. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

They do come with cheese right?

12. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

whatever you prefer, just so long you don't eat any cannoli's you can join :)

13. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

I've not had a conoli, but I have had granola. Does a canoli have a hole in the middle? Does it come with cheese. I love donuts. :) I have used canola oil.

14. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Has everyone been drinking too much today :D
    Iwould love to see a conversation between you and xflat (er, I mean Queen Boss) today. :D (see post #10 :rolleyes: )
    Oh and we get pie in the Talibong :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds