Audio DRIVER

Discussion in 'Software' started by jancisrr, Jul 17, 2012.

1. jancisrr

jancisrr Private E-2

I have been looking over posts all around internet for six hours and have not found something that fits for me.
    Yesterday I accidentally deleted I think sound driver (not shore what it was but when I was cleaning PC i was with all other programs (REvo Uninstlr.) so i tought it is bug programme). So now I have this driver issue Hardware> Device manager >Other devices > Audio Device on High definition Bus. I double click and try to install but I have no CD and dont know what driver to look, please help me as I dont understand a lot of computers. Yeah and obvius that i dont have sound.
    There is some more info that might help:
    Device Instance Id: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_103C360B&REV_1000\4&286848AF&0&0001

HP g60 - 213em
    Windows XP Service Pack 3
    DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
    Should you require any more info just let me know.
    Thanks, Janis

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

No guarantees but see if this driver will work. Upload to virustotal.com as I cannot vouch for the software. I believe you have Conexant HD-Audio SmartAudio 221 which does not have a native driver for XP. It has to be hacked in order to work with XP.

You are going to have to add another line under [Conexant] with the 103C360B string to the WiSVHe5.inf file in the unzipped folder like the one below. Edit the inf file with notepad. I would make a copy of the inf file then edit it, keeping the original but make sure the original is not in the unzipped folder.

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Hermosa5051.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModel,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_103C360B

3. jancisrr

jancisrr Private E-2

Thank you very much, but as I sad I am not the best of computers, any chance I can get step by step? :D

4. jancisrr

jancisrr Private E-2

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  5. tgell

You do not need to register. Just click the green download button.

6. jancisrr

jancisrr Private E-2

It say ClamAV PUA.Win32.Packer.BorlandDelphi-2 20120610 on virustotal.com

7. jancisrr

jancisrr Private E-2

So when I have done editing, Just install it truu folder? Or have to go to Control Panel? Unzip or no?

8. tgell

If that is the only one who found it, I would tend to believe it was a false positive, especially if it was ClamAV.

Edit: I reanalyzed it and nothing shows under ClamAV so I would say it was a false positive.

9. jancisrr

jancisrr Private E-2

Guess what? YOU ARE GENEOUS! GENEOUS! Thank you so much, and I didnt even had to reboot!
    Cheers! ;)

10. tgell

Glad you got it working and thanks for the feedback. To tell you the truth, I didn't think it was going to work. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds