ps2 keyboard and mouse always on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by taz55, Mar 19, 2006.

1. taz55

taz55 Private First Class

ok so i have the wake by keyboard function disabled in bios. but my mouse and keyboard are always on. any idea how to stop this.

2. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

unless your keyboard/mouse supports it I don't think you can, why does it matter if the keyboard and mosue stay on?

3. taz55

doesnt really bother me to much. but it seems like a wast of power. granted its not much but still.

4. splitt3r

if you want to save power you might as well shut the computer all the way off, a(wireless) mouse and keyboard can run off 2AA batteries for a moonth so i don't think it is really wasting much power, more power is being used by the mobo then the mouse/keyboard when your PC is in standby.

5. taz55

yeah when the computer is all the way off the lights on the mouse and keyboard are still on.

6. splitt3r

Hmm, thats wierd, well I have no clue why this is, but like I said, they take practically no power.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds