Heat issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Punjabi88, May 26, 2005.

1. Punjabi88

Punjabi88 Private E-2

I got a p4 2.8ghz 512 ddr ram n my cpu temperature is at 51C and at IDLE its at 41 or 32C ... i got one chassis fan in my pc which runs 2500 RPM

and my pc case is open from the side i dont have it covered .

the chassis fan makes alot of noise and if i take that off will my pc get overheated or wud it only make a small difference>?

2. encrypt

encrypt Private E-2

41 or 32c? thats a big diff, be more specific.if its 32 i wouldnt be worried, but i run 41 on load, so thats not right. i wouldnt take off the side of your case, it doesnt cool your computer all it does is prevent your fans from doing there job. there is no air circulation passing through the spots that need it, so they stay hot. you should just put the side back on, and see what happens. if that still doesnt help, look for a bigger fan(s)?

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Encrypt how have you got your 3500 running at 41 load?In texas!

4. Punjabi88

Punjabi88 Private E-2

the problem is my Chassis fan makes alot of noise and i dont like it ... what can i do about that?

5. Rikky

chassie fans are the quietest fans in there,its broken or going to brake so just buy a new one.

6. encrypt

encrypt Private E-2

hax. lol nah, i have a well insulated room, and well I DONT TAKE THE SIDE OF MY COMPUTER OFF! i have 5 80mm fans, and 1 120. but i thought that was normal. what temps are usual for my specs?

neway, punjabi check to see if anything is getting in the way of your fans, if not then your probly gonna need a new fan. there not very expensive, so i would suggest getin 1 or 2 120 mm's...thats pretty much all i can think of. unless ricky has any other ideas thats what ur gonna have to do. or if your willing to spend the big bux, watercooling!

p.s. its probly low, cuz i havnt over clocked it yet...my computers still a baby, and i dont wanna throw it in the deep end of the pool just yet :)

7. Rikky

I have the same cpu,and it Idles at about 40 and under load goes up into the mid 50's and that was in winter,i have just got this cooler to cool and quieten it down,next to the stock hsf,I'm modding my whole case though so I'll have to see what happens when its all together.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63699

8. encrypt

encrypt Private E-2

^^ srry im alittle slow, thats my system temp...i dont really know what my cpu temp runs because all my case shows me is Lo C when i remove the little plastic things covering the sensors. i have one left on, and i leave that in the middle of my case...that runs about 41 on load, so im sure my cpu gets hotter than that.

p.s. if your familiar with MGE Quantum case, does anybody know how to get the temp to read rather than the Lo C?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds