MalwareBytes vs Advanced System Care

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cody_M, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Cody_M

Cody_M Private E-2

I recently read an article about a claim by Malware Bytes that Advanced System Care stole part of the MB programming and used it in ASC.

http://goretsky.wordpress.com/2009/11/05/initial-thoughts-on-malwarebytes-versus-iobit/

Since Major Geeks recommends Advanced System Care (it is listed as a Major Geeks Editors Pick) I just wanted to know:

1) Is the claim true?
    2) Does this mean that we should not use or trust ASC (I0bit)

Any views would be appreciated.

2. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

This occurred around 2 years ago and ioBit rectified the signature detection issues. I'm sure that if you Google it, you will find all the details.
    MajorGeeks would not recommend the software if it was not clean and above board.
    As far as trust goes, that's entirely up to you as to whether you condemn ioBit forever, or give them another chance.

3. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Personally, I think what you do is to give IOBIT a shot and if it works for you ,then there's your answer. Go ahead and give it a try,,that's the only way to find out!!!! If Major Geeks says it's OK,,then it's OK !!!!

4. Duck42

Duck42 Private E-2

I have been using Advanced System Care for years, lately, when I run a virus scan, there is one that has been put there by ASC. Is there another system care program, that is any good, and won't install any viruses on my computer?

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The article you linked to is from 2009! While it might have been true at the time, a lot can happen over 12 years, especially regarding computer software.

I'm fortunate to own 5 lifetime licenses for malwarebytes. I've been using it on our home computers since 2008.

6. IvanW

IvanW Private E-2

I guess you could say here it is your choice in what works best for you. I do not care for Malwarebytes as it is not what it use to be. I now use and have for several years now IObit Advanced System Care and I like it a lot. It does a good job and I also use Ashampoo WinOptimizer 18 which is also most excellent and does a very good job. But it is a matter of opinion to many people which is better. I suppose everyone has a choice, but when it works fine and you have no problems, do not fix it... But that also is a opinion also.

7. Replicator

Replicator MajorGeek

The user is the greatest risk!

IvanW likes this.
  8. IvanW

IvanW Private E-2

I think this is true in all things, be is life or software, no matter what you do, your not completely without risk...

In today's age, there is risk at every corner, be it a computer or not. You just do the best you can and hope for the best, I am sure Tim would agree with me and if not he can say so. I take no offense to anything in forums. There is no such thing as perfect security on a computer, the USA Government has recently found that out...,

9. IvanW

IvanW Private E-2

And your quite right, we are the greatest risk to ourselves, mostly from not using wisdom and knowledge...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds