Hardware or Software? Please help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by snowfalldream, Dec 31, 2006.

1. snowfalldream

snowfalldream Private E-2

I have tried to install The Sims 2 about ten or fifteen times on my mother's laptop computer (Toshiba Satellite?). It has plenty of room to install the game, and everything seems to be working fine until I get to either the second or (more commonly) the third installation cd. The first cd loads fine, but the second sometimes will just stop installing, or it will also go fine, but then I will have a problem with the third cd. The third never works, so I never get past about 48% complete installation. It will just stop reading, sometimes freezing the computer and sometimes not. I have tried different directories to install it into instead of just the default in case that was the problem... it is not. I installed it successfully on my home PC without any problems whatsoever. I checked the driver for my mom's CD/DVD drive and it said it was working properly and that there were no updates for the drive.

I just tried to install it again and now I got an error message on the first cd saying: A problem occured when trying to transfer the file D:\Autorun\Autorun.bmp from the media (something along those lines). It then asks me if I would like to retry. After I quit that one, I get one that says: A hardware I/O problem occured (again, something along these lines).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could possibly be going on?

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Hello Snowfalldream,

It's an hardware error, they will need to know what version of Windows u have and the exact model of ur laptop to help you i think. Sry I can't be more help, but people smarter than me will answer you.

Smiles,

Peg

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds