Dell Dimension 4550 & Dell S2009W monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BJW27, Apr 10, 2009.

1. BJW27

BJW27 Private E-2

My Dell Dimension 4550 has a Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz 199Ghz, 512 MB of RAM, display adapter is 32mb ATI Rage 128 Ultra. The screen resolution on the computer setting goes from 800x600 to 1024x768 to 1152x864 pixels.

I recently bought a Dell S2009W monitor to use with the Dell 4550 computer but the display on the monitor is distorted - everything looks stretched across the screen and especially digital photo pictures. The resolution of the Dell S2009W monitor is 1600x900.

I've tried all the screen settings available, making the print larger/smaller, etc. Nothing works - everything remains in a stretched state.

Thanks for any help that you may offer.

2. Xcom46

Xcom46 Guest

Try updateing the monitor.try windows update and see if they have an update for it i all so have a dell 4500 the same as yours but a little tweaked

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Your video card seems to have a driver from 2001. Since the monitor you have is a widescreen (the W at the end says this), I suspect you card is not set to handle widescreen aspect ratios. There probably are not newer drivers that would do this either. That's why everything looks stretched. You may want to consider a newer video card that does give you the 16:9 aspect ratio.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds