T'bird email password

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Add new infoThunderbird would not recognize my password for preferred email account incoming. I got a temporary pw from my ISP
    I found instructions on resetting the temporary PW to a permanent one.
    removed current pw in Password Manager window.
    Instructions: exit and close T'bird.
    To reset, it states launch T'Bird and that the program will ask for a new pw, enter the new one, and then to click OK to confirm this pw.
    The temp pw is not being recognized by T'bird
    Could someone explain how I accomplish this pw reset, or provide a link that will explain such?
    Greatly appreciated

Sarge &
    Computer with almost daily problems:banghead

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  2. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

I sometimes am a little slow on the download side of thinking.
    I remembered posting the same problem before, so I chased that posting down.
    I was able to reset the password, and all seems well.
    My concern is with the fact this I have had to do this multiple times. Today it happened twice.
    If this anomaly's going to be a common recurrence, I would like to find and eliminate the cause.
    Sarge

3. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Well, it seems I jumped the gun. I just had my pw rejected for 3d time today. This time it showed error code OCF013.
    I looked that up, learned that it means my email pw is being rejected and also learned it seems to be a worldwide Yahoo POP3 problem.
    Just ducky.
    Guess I am going to be busy trying to find a solution, if there is one.
    Sarge

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

So we are clear your password is set first by your ISP so you have no control over it. Have you talked to them about your password and had them reset it for you? If you had a temp password from your ISP it might have expired already. I would suggest you talk to them to see where you are at with your current password. Let me know how you make out please?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds