No sound on internet browsers (Windows XP)

Discussion in 'Software' started by BourneID, Nov 4, 2014.

1. BourneID

BourneID Private E-2

Hello!
    I've been having this problem on my machine for a few days now, there is no audio/sound on any website across my browsers. I've tried different streaming sites, e.g. YouTube, Soundcloud.
    There is sound on other applications, just not on the internet. Programs such as windows media player and spotify still play sound.

I am using Windows XP so there is no sound-mixer to turn down the volume for just the internet browser, so this isn't the problem.

Audio isn't working on any browser. I usually use Google Chrome, but I've tried using IE, and there is no sound on that either. I also tried installing a new browser (firefox), and there was no sound on that either.
    We have the latest version of chrome installed if that's any help.
    Also have updated flash to the latest version.

I've tried going into sound & audio devices via the control panel and changing the playback devices to the other options.

I've tried going into the regedit and going through HKLM to driver32 and wavemapper was in there. (msacm32.drv)

I've tried running msconfig and enabling all services.

I've also tried quite a few more things but I forget what they were now.

Please can anyone help me? This problem is really frustrating.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds