Another Realtek audio problem :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by realtek_is_the_devil, May 3, 2009.

1. realtek_is_the_devil

realtek_is_the_devil Private E-2

Hey hey guys I'm having a little problem...... for the life of me i cant get my realtek hd audio device to work at all.

Ive tried almost every fix posted on the net, each reinstall creates a new problem.

atm this is the problem I'm getting.....This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Ive tied.....

*Uninstall/reinstall

*Disable uaa bus driver / uninstall uaa bus driver / reinstall driver from web and net, in every possible combination including safe mode.

*Uninstall all realtek drivers and reinstall them in every possible combination

Im not to sure what i should try next, Ive seen a few people talk about changing the register, but the files they talk about deleting do not exist in my register.

I'm not 100% sure Ive done everything correctly when trying the 100 fix's Ive found on the net, i guess what i need would be someone to talk me through from where I'm at atm

anyway any help would really be appreciated.

Bellow is a few specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model P35-DS3L
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 GenuineIntel ~2666 Mhz
    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 GenuineIntel ~2666 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F3, 7/12/2007
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
    User Name ERIC\KILLMACHINE
    Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
    Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 2.92 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    Page File Space 7.33 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

In Device Manager do you have any yellow ! marks and if so by what?

Not knowing the history of this PC and install of Windows, did this issue just happen, what where you doing/installing before you lost sound or is this a new install?

I would remove/uninstall any previous driver install attempt and then do a small cleanup of the temp folders CCleaner will help with this, then install the Chipset driver and reboot, then install the Audio driver (top new one is latest audio and UAA built in) both in below link

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2599&ost=xp#anchor_os

3. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

In addition to what Halo suggested:

What do you mean exactly? What is not in your registry? What were you advised to delete?

If it's a registry issue, then the problem would more then likely be something missing from the registry (though mal-ware and shoddy programs can do some pretty odd things to a registry . . . but we can address that later if need be).

Try this - go to "Start", then "Run", and type in "Services.msc" without the quotation marks. Look for a service named "Windows Audio." Make sure it is set to Automatic and is running. If the audio service isn't there at all, then this is where you would need to make adjustments to your registry.

You can try the following fix if the Windows Audio service is not in the service list - please back up your registry before you try, however - I cannot stress that enough.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1287964#post1287964 :)

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  4. realtek_is_the_devil

realtek_is_the_devil Private E-2

Thx guys for the responses.

To Halo: yea m8 i have a yellow exclamation mark in front of realtek hd audio device and its a code 1 error.

Btw i have windows xp installed with service pack 2.

I gave what you said a bash but no luck yet.

To spad: Windows Audio is in there and enabled correctly. As for the forum talking about removing registry entries Ive been unable to find it again :(

Thx for your help guys ... any other suggestion?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds