outlook express 6 no spell check?

Discussion in 'Software' started by shyoren, Oct 14, 2006.

1. shyoren

shyoren Private E-2

Hey guys.
    For some reason when I'm sending e-mail in my outlook the spell check icon is there but it's off, I have tried to find out how to turn it on but nothing. what am I missing?
    Shy

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> For some reason when I'm sending e-mail in my outlook the spell check icon is there but it's off, I have tried to find out how to turn it on but nothing. What am I missing? Shy <<

You need to obtain a copy of the .dll file called: csapi3t1.dll

The Problem: Spell checking does not work and cannot be enabled in Outlook Express 6. When you try to spell-check a message, you may receive the message "An error occurred while the spelling was being checked."

The Reason: Outlook Express 6 does not actually have a spell checker installed with the program. However, OE6 can make use of the spell checker in Microsoft Office, Word, FrontPage, or Microsoft Works (later versions, which include Microsoft Word) if present. However, a system file that is required in order to make use of the spell checker is not installed by Windows XP.

The Solution: To find out how to “enable” spell-checking in OE6:

Google the exact terms: "How To: Fix Spell Checking in Outlook Express 6" (and then choose the first search result). There, you will find instructions for two different methods as to how to “enable” spell-checking in OE6 by installing the missing .dll file: csapi3t1.dll

Important Note: As I stated earlier; Outlook Express supports the standard Microsoft spell check engine that is installed by Microsoft Office, Word, FrontPage, Works Suite and some other applications as part of Microsoft proofing tools. If you do not have one of those programs, the spell check in Outlook Express will not work.

Good Luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds