Downloading HijackThis V1.98.2

Discussion in 'Software' started by jeffa123, Aug 25, 2004.

1. jeffa123

jeffa123 Private E-2

I downloaded and extracted HijackThis to C:\HJT\Hijack This.EXE

After I lauched the scan, copy and view Running processes on the log, the last entry show C:\HJT\HIJACK THIS.EXE\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

I then cleared and deleted the files/programs, also temp files. And tried to down load again. Then the entry showed C:\UNZIPPED\HIJACKTHIS[1]\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

I'M trying to submit the scan to ADAWARE for review. They are telling me that I have two .EXE for HIJACK THIS and that I need to fix it.

Can you help me.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Wow, am I confused. Why would you download it twice? I really dont understand the question.

3. jeffa123

jeffa123 Private E-2

After I Downloaded HIJACK THIS and ran the scan and posted it at AD Aware. Someone started to look at it. At the top of the scan under Running Processes: C:\ entry's are listed.

The last entry is: C:\HJT\HIJACK THIS.EXE\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

I was told to delete Hijackthis(files and programs) and down load again to
    C:\Hijack This.exe.

he said two .exe are shown for Highjack this and I needed to fix it?

So that what I was trying to do. Please Help.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Ok, so Hijack This is running twice.

Close Hijack This. Hit ctrl alt and delete and close any instances of Hijack This running under processes, it might not have closed properly.

Rebooting might help too.

5. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

OK, so the first time, you unzipped the file to a folder you named
    HijackThis.EXE, inside a folder you named HJT. You should have unzipped to a folder named just HJT or to a folder named HJT\HijackThis (with NO EXE).

If you delete your C:\HJT folder and unzip a new copy of HijackThis into a folder on C: named HJT, you will have a report that shows this running when you scan:
    C:\HJT\HijackThis.EXE

If you unzipped the second time to a folder you named UNZIPPED, on C:, the scan showed two copies of HijackThis on your C: drive, and so it assigned a [1] to one of them.

Just delete the whole mess and start over. Create a folder called HJT on C:.
    Then unzip the zipped file to HJT and stop.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds