Win2k dual drive boot.ini problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by TommySack, Nov 8, 2005.

1. TommySack

TommySack Private E-2

Hey,I have a problem with my boot.ini.I have dual hard-drives and use Windows 2000.My original setup on the C drive crashed many times so I reinstalled Win2k on the D drive.Everything was fine til I rebooted.I got the message that the ntloader was missing.I fixed that by installing windows back on the c drive.Now it will no longer boot to the D drive which I spent hours setting up.How can I change the boot.ini to default to the new install on the D drive?I will need all the necessary info that boot.ini should include because now there is no info in there-no choice of drive,etc.Thanks!!!

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

Is it dual boot with both OS's being win2k? If one of them is windows XP you could boot into the the recovery console and then run this command "bootcfg /list" and follow the instructions. That should work within 2k as well, but I've never actually tried it.

At any rate you'd want to run it, in whatever OS is newer. So if you have 2k and XP, run it in XP if at all possible.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds