Realtek failure - using FRST

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nsurgent, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Nsurgent

Nsurgent Private E-2

win7 ult x64

hey all.. on Thurs. I tried to install Realtek's r268 drivers to update my old ones - as per norm, it prompted that it would need to uninstall the old drivers first, then restart to install the news ones
    when it restarted, windows wouldn't boot and using the original install disc repair options has rendered no results..

so I'm using FRST, did a scan, but I don't know the commandline text to roll back to my specified date.. can anyone lend a hand here? ..all I need is the roll back command text

here's my scan results as well

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would do the following as its likely drivers need re-installing so do you have any yellow ! marks in device manager and if so what?
    Does audio work in Safe Mode ok?

Updating drivers are not generally the norm unless they are from the original maker of the hardware, in general the motherboard maker and not a 3rd party even if that is Realtek as drivers are in the main custom built for various OEM makers and are no unified/generic, so can cause issues,

Rule of thumb is if working leave alone.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds