can't uncheck "Keep me signed in" in yahoo logon

Discussion in 'Software' started by Norgates, May 28, 2014.

1. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

Until today, I've never had the problem with the "Keep Me Signed In" button in Firefox when trying to login into Yahoo Email, however, something must have changed.

The settings in my browser which are under Tools > Options > Privacy > History are no longer settable. If I select "Use Custom Setting" there is an option to accept 3rd party cookies which until yesterday had the option "Until I close Firefox". That option is now grayed out and with this graying out, I cannot load the login page without getting the checkmarked "Keep Me Signed In" button for Yahoo Mail.

I've cleared all the cache, history, cookies, etc., then ran CCleaner and then started Firefox again, but haven't had any success getting rid of the Remember Me button. I didn't change any of my settings, so I don't know why this is not clearing properly.

The Yahoo forums and Help haven't offered anything helpful. Any suggestions would be welcome.

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey Norgates, try clearing the history in this manner. In FF click History, then click Clear Recent History in the drop down box, then when the option box pops up click the arrow and chose Everything then put a check in every box the click Clear Now, then close FF and open Ccleaner then under Applications FireFox, check all boxes and clean, then open FF and try it now.

3. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

Hi Nick,
    Sorry it took me awhile to try this. It didn't work. My browser says Clear Current History. I thought that might be the same as Clear Recent History. Other than that, I did all the rest.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Are you using noscript?

5. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

don't know what noscript is.

I am new with win7 and FF and yahoo have been changing so much over the past year that I don't know whether I'm having problems because I don't yet know win7 very well or whether they could be because FF and yahoo keep changing things. My computer gets awkwardly sluggish whenever I leave it sitting for awhile, I sometimes can't read the content of emails or get them to load ... it reminds me of what happened when the U.S. decided to break up Ma-Bell (trading a working system for a whole lot of non-working systems)

6. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

7. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Yahoo is an odd duck and has many mail servers, some work for me, some say the connection is untrusted. Try different servers.

https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com

mg4 does not work for me. Hope this helps.

8. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

Reinstalling's a good idea. I think it got stuck when I cut off the browser one day before the logoff sequence was finished.

DOA - I tried the server link and the page doesn't load. I am guessing it should take me to the login page. I'll try some of the others.

9. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

10. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

yes! that one works. I've found if I change intl=us to any other country, the box that is checked by default so I stay logged on is no longer checked. I googled the problem and found a lot of people are having trouble with the History and Custom settings and the Keep me signed in options - only most people want to keep signed in. :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds