HP Pavilion ZX5001 sound problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by navinder, Mar 18, 2006.

1. navinder

navinder Private E-2

Hi all. I have a very wierd problem on my HP Pavilion zx 5001. The volume bar is on the lowest on it's own and if I drag it up it starts to move down on it's own right in front of my eyes on it's own. Also when I press the increase volume button on front of the laptop the mute volume lites up and the same happens when I press the mute button. The touch pad is also erratic and freezes for 10-20 seconds sometimes. But the main issue is sound as I have started to use an external mouse.
    I have tried to uninstall drivers but no help, also reinstalled OS and reinstalled drivers (clean installation, after format). I am using windows xp home. I suspect it's a hardware problem. something to do with the touchpad and volume button assembly; can I somehow disable the front volume button after opening the system I think that should help, any inputs would be welcomed and if someone could send me a link as to how the the same can be removed from the motherboard.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds