Recycling Bin has Windows in it

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by whateveryousay, Dec 7, 2007.

1. whateveryousay

whateveryousay Private First Class

I noticed that my Recycling bin had trash in it. When I opened it, there was nothing in there. When I tried to "Empty Recycling Bin" it asked if I was sure that I wanted to delete "WINDOWS". What is going on?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

This happened to me too just a few days ago. I had deleted some files from an external USB hard drive and got the same message. I said "NO!" and looked in the Recycle Bin and there was nothing there. I tried to empty it again just to see what would happen, and got the same message. I said "No" again and rebooted the PC. It hasn't happened since then, but now my USB drive is acting really weird.... hopefully someone else will come along and shed some light on this for us....

3. whateveryousay

whateveryousay Private First Class

a virus maybe? YOu are right, I hope someone explains this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds