Alter default reading time on threads

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigbazza, Jun 30, 2004.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

To the senior MG ops people. What's the chance of altering the time allowed to read the synopsis of any thread. You know when you you run your mouse over the thread number and a drop down box appears explainiing/detailing the first few lines of the thread. Some are easy to read in the time provided, some you have to mouse over a couple of times before you get the gist of what is being said, or writ. How about doubling the time, or allowing the user to set a time of 10 secs, 20 secs, etc, or how about leaving it appear until the reader moves their mouse from the thread. We are not all speed readers and some of the questions/posts are a bit tricky to read at first glance. Would this suggestion put too much extra load on servers, etc? . That might be why the default time is set as it is. Bazza

2. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i agree. and when i wave the mouse over it again it often takes several goes before it pops back down. more time would be good. aloha

3. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

If you're using IE6, you can just wiggle your mouse slightly on the Subject, and the synopsis will stay open as long as you do so. Try it out.

If you use Mozilla, it get truncated to about a dozen words and still times out anyway, so...

4. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

I know what you mean folks, but hey given the popularity of the site, these guys seem to be handling expansion pretty well:cool: ;) :D

5. bigbazza

Thanks The Doug, I am using IE6 so will give it a try. I didn't think that it might be a browser limitation. Thought it was MG defaults. Maybe a combo of both? Bazza

=======

6. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Default Windows behavior. Works the same for pop-up descriptions on your desktop.

7. bigbazza

Thanks GT, wiggling the mouse works well, from an earlier post. We live and learn. Bazza

====

8. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

yipee. yep that works for me too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds