where to put the mouse

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by splitt3r, Jan 23, 2006.

1. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

Ok this is really bothering me, my desk has a tiny keyboard tray so my mouse can't fit on thios, what should I do? I tried putting the mouse up above but that is uncomfortable when i am gaming, are tehre any companies that make mini keyboards or something? all I need are little tiny letters a giant WASD and some number keys, and I windows button, the other keys are worthless. i am getting an mx518 soon and I need a place to put it, I am used to using my dads desk which has a huge keyboard tray that I can rest my arms on and everything, it is pretty awesome, teh worst part is when my keyboard is sitting an the mousepad it is all wobbly when I type on it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2006
  2. splitt3r

also my mouse pad was $2 should I get one of thsoe hard ones with the pretty pictures on them, I am paying $40 for this mouse, i could go to dollar tree and get a whole colony of mice for that price, does it really matter what mouse pad you use? I heard optical mice do better on optical mouse pads(duh)

3. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

4. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

This or this might be worth a thought .......I hate them but you might not ;)......

5. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Why do you hate the SpeedPad? (The n52 is far better than the n50)

I have one and it's awesome.

I wouldn't like it alone, and I also have a keyboard for general use, but for gaming it's second to none.

6. splitt3r

those are kinda cool, but i do need the letter keys for chatting on the forum, I guess i could stash this keyboard under my desk when i am gaming, I have 2 ps/2 and 7 usb ports so having to keyboards plugged in wouldn't be a problem.

7. splitt3r

no way am i paying $100+for a keyboard tray, the desk was $150, my grandparents got it for me.

8. Insomniac

If you have the room under your desk, make another keyboard tray but longer.

You can buy the hinges if your old ones won't work.

9. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

I just like good ol WASD thats all :).......

10. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I hate under-the-desk keyboard and mouse trays. They give me RSI so quickly. I have one installed at work....never use it.

I just like to have a big desk, preferrably L-shaped, and have everything on the desk top, and raise my chair to the required height if necessary.

11. Insomniac

Each to their own.

Personally, I don't know how anyone can use WSAD.

I used the cursor keys before I bought the SpeedPad.

When I first used the SpeedPad I thought it was a piece of crap, but after about an hour, you get used to it and wouldn't use anything else.

Lev, that's because you're a Midget Wannabe. :p

12. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

Hey spllit3r, I was wondering if you could make the picture bigger, cuz I held my monitor up to the window to show your desktop to the folks in the apartment building 3 blocks away and they said it was almost big enough to make out, but not quite....
    :D:D:D

13. Insomniac

LOL, yeah, it's only 1632 x 1232!

I used my monthly limit just downloading the bloody thing.

14. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

I have to admit, my P.C. bench gets a tad cluttered, too. One reason why I use a lil' optical mouse from a notepad. It's small and does the same thing, LoL!

15. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Have you though of a trackball mouse?? I'm in the same situation as you, and it works great!! Probably would be a little awkward for gaming(I'm not a gamer, so I wouldn't know), but anything else, it's great!!

Roger

16. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

WAS! :p

I got upgraded :D

I love my trackball mouse...reduce RSI a lot, which is great for me as I have weak wrists.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds