Can't Uninstall IOBit Defrag Beta 3.1 & Error on Boot

Discussion in 'Software' started by trisha, Aug 28, 2007.

1. trisha

trisha Corporal

I can't uninstall IOBit SmartDefrag Beta 3.1.

I get the following error message when I try to uninstall using Add/Remove Programs:

Can't uninstall IOBit Smart Defrag Beta 3.1 File C:\Program Files\IOBIT\IOBIT Smart Defrag\uninstallsoo.dat does not exist. Cannot uninstall.​

Also, this may or may not be related. On normal boot I receive the following error message:

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version. File "xerdom.dll", error 126​

The error does not prevent the computer from completing the boot and the error does not show up in safe mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Go here and download the installer.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5318

Start the installer and the first thing it will do is ask to remove the current version.
    Allow it to do so.
    Don't continue with the install.
    Delete the installer.

3. trisha

trisha Corporal

Thanks.

I d/l the uninstaller but I had to totally reinstall the program and uninstall to completely remove it.

So that problem is solved.

The other problem, the error message on boot is still there. Any ideas?

I have already run a Hijack This per the instructions in the Malware thread. Do you want that log file?

4. evilfantasy

Glad you got IObit figured out.

xerdom.dll shows up on some spyware forums but none that I am familiar with so I am not sure what to make of it without a better look around.

But, we are not allowed to diagnose HJT logs for malware in the Software Forum. Only MG Authorized Malware Fighters can advise on Malware.
    You will need to do the READ AND RUN ME FIRST
    Then start a new topic in the Malware Forum

Good luck.

5. trisha

trisha Corporal

Thanks.

I already ran the Read and Do First stuff so I will just post the problem over in the Malware forum.

Thanks again for the help with the other problem.

6. evilfantasy

Your welcome.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

8. trisha

trisha Corporal

Thanks. Actually, no I do not want PC Tools. I installed it and had nothing but trouble as soon as I rebooted the computer. I am running Avast.

Thanks for the information.

9. evilfantasy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds