RCA RTD325W DVD Home Theater system

Discussion in 'Software' started by Spad, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

I am pleasantly surprised . . . :)

To make a long story short - I am moving my den down to the basement room that used to be occupied by my sons, who have since grown up and moved out. It's about 20 X 20, and we finished it out for the kids after I bought the house - used luan plywood in leu of drywall, and styrofoam for insulation - both with possible dampness in mind. Painted battleship grey with black trim and we had a room any male could admire!

Anyway, I went looking for a new DVD player, as mine started to skip and freeze on home-burned then finally commercial DVDs. I ran across several at the local Wal-mart for around 50 bucks . . . but then I found the RCA RTD325W DVD Home Theater system there for only 98 dollars. I thought, what the heck - I like RCA products, and if the system is crap I can always bring it back. ;)

I have to say for the money it is a nice little audio system, and the DVD player has good features as well. Sounds really good in the room - either playing DVD's or playing the audio from the 55" CRT TV I got for next to nothing from a friend. Even has AM/FM stereo. Now, I have a 500+ dollar Sony 1000W system in my living room which does have much better sound quality at high levels, and the RCA unit cannot compete with it - but come on! $98.00? It has great sound for the money and for the application I have for it. Good deal . . . I guess I'll have to see how it performs longevity wise :-D

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey sounds a great device for the den and at $98 its a bargan, have run with your new den and audio.

3. bigfurrykid

bigfurrykid Sergeant

My 1st system was a Magnavox that I paid $99 for on sale and I was pleasantly surprised. The 1st movie that I watched was Jurassic park and when the T-rex roared, my German Shepherd ran out of the room and hid under the Dining room table. :eek
    I got about 3 solid years before the dvd player started to freeze.

Now looking for an inexpensive system for my bedroom. I may have to check out that RCA that you have. :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds