New Social Network!!!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Grafixman2014, May 23, 2014.

1. Grafixman2014

Grafixman2014 Private E-2

Hello there I am new here, I am Rich a Graphic Designer and I like to work on creating or inventing stuff. I just heard that SKYPE was sold to Microsoft and now the company who bought them is wanting to charge the people that were using the free service...... So !!!! since I am a Graphic designer and creator of sorts, one thing I cant do is write code. I have a killer idea I came up with a new Social Network I would like help to build so It would be based off the SKYPE we all loved before Microsoft bought it and starting charging. Let me know if you are interested drop me and email or post here, thank you, oh by the way I was gonna contact Tony Bates the old owner of SKYPE but they might of made him sign a non compete form for so many years!!!!!!!!!!

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Hello and welcome to MG :wave

MS bought Skype back in 2011 and they (still) have no plans to change the already free Skype to Skype calling. Anything else is just speculation.

Hope you stick around and enjoy your time here at Majorgeeks :)

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

The info Dyamond has provided is correct and the only aspect of Skype that is chargeable and was before Microsoft bought the company is VOIP calls to Landlines, rest is free and I have no info that this is due to change in the near future.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds