help with c0000135 winsrv error

Discussion in 'Software' started by cwd33, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwd33

cwd33 Private E-2

I have read many many help tps on this error. He is my dilema that i have not seen addressed yet though. In order to fix this I keep seeing to go into this or go into that, however, I cant get into windows to get to those files and I am learning that I cant boot into dos mode in xp. Every time windows boots, it goes straight to the blue screen then locks. I have to hard boot again then same procedure. How can I change this. Please help.
    thanks.
    bill
    p.s. I have tried all options in the boot menu..same happens in safe mode and all other choices. Also, this is on a laptop, so no floppy drive. I do have a thumpdrive if I can make it boot from that some how if that is helpful.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Can you use a restore point?

3. cwd33

cwd33 Private E-2

The guy does not know if he has any restore points, however, even if he does, how can i access that if i can not get into windows?
    thanks.

4. cwd33

cwd33 Private E-2

also cannot get into the safe mode or any of the other options.

5. Major Attitude

6. cwd33

cwd33 Private E-2

thanks again,
    i have already read about that tv media thing, and downloaded the removal tool for it, problem lies with the fac that i cant get into windows to run the program. I do not have access to the boot disks. It is a compaq laptop. do you think any xp disk may work?

7. Major Attitude

Yes, I do, though not betting everything on a Compaq, theres always the silly proprietary issue with them, BUT, I believe we are out of options and ready to take some chances, no? :)

8. cwd33

cwd33 Private E-2

ok, i got a copy of xp home. how would go about using the recovery WITHOUT having to reload the whole system. I am trying not to lose any info or data for this guy.
    thanks again

9. Major Attitude

Boot from it. When it gets to user prompts, it will ask you what you want to do, I believe it is R for repair, BUT just read it :) Ill be crossing my fingers for ya.

10. cwd33

cwd33 Private E-2

thanks for the finger crossing, BUT (there is always a but), i do not know how to use the module. it goes to a c prompt, but does not let me do anything. typing "help" gives me a list, but i dont want to screw anything up, so any guesses on what command to use?
    thanks again

11. Major Attitude

Go into the BIOS and set it to boot from CD first.

12. cwd33

cwd33 Private E-2

im already in the recovery module. it gives me a option of commands, but i dont know which ones. they are as follows. attrib - batch - bootcfg - cd - chdir - chkdsk - cls - copy - del - delete - dir - disable - diskpart - enable - exit - expand - fixboot - fixmbr - format - help - listsvc - logon - map - md - mkdir - more - net - rd - ren - rename - rmdir - systemroot - type

that is all the options.

13. Major Attitude

I didnt say anything about the recovery module, I said boot from the XP CD like your going to fresh install and choose repair. FYI, most of those commands you listed will have you formatting. If you dont know what your doing, and at this point I suspect your in over your head, format it.

14. cwd33

cwd33 Private E-2

sorry, this is the repair module. it was a type "O" on my part. those are the options in the repair module.

15. Major Attitude

Yes, I could explain most of them for you, but many will destroy the drive instantly as far as any data on them, like del, delete, diskpart, fixboot, fixmbr, format and others. Let me know if you make it to the repair screen! :)

16. cwd33

cwd33 Private E-2

you have been very patient and helpful thus far. I am entering the repair screen. I am at about 20%...will let you know when it is in. thanks again...be back whenn it is to that part.

17. cwd33

cwd33 Private E-2

ok, i tried to go into repair module, but it seems to me like it is doing a full install....is this correct ? should it be doing this? please help ...i cant lose the info on here unless it is a last resort.

18. Major Attitude

I cant tell without being there. No one else is jumping in here, so unless you want to wait for another opinion, we have no choice. I can always do better at the machine, a luxury not often afforded in this environment.

19. coboy

coboy Private E-2

hey, was just reading this thread out of curiosity.
    i to am having similar problems with a compaq, and it to is my mates, however his is a pc not a laptop.
    anyway, i dont how well this will work,, but i have done this before on my fujitsu siemens, and it was always ok.
    if you can get you hands on an enclosure (that is what i call it) its like an exernal hard drive that is portable, basicly like a really big memory key, anyhow, you can take this apart and remove the harddrive, and take the harddrive out of the compaq and connect it the enclosure, then using USB r Firewire you can hook it to your comp and take what you want off of it.

if anybody out there wants to tell me that i am an idiot, do, but tell me where i am making the mistake :rolleyes: cus i am only new at this stuff.
    anyway, ley me know
    coboy

20. coboy

coboy Private E-2

o ye, isnt there some memory keys that allow you to boot the computer form their hard drive, i ahve one, and you get a driver an utilities cd with it. meaybe that mite help, that is if you are trying to get into the BIOS

21. bugaboo

bugaboo Private E-2

22. wicked2k6

wicked2k6 Private E-2

okay the proper way to use XP Recovery without loosing any programs & data
    is to follow these exact steps:

1. load the XP Cd and restart ur PC
    2. Press any key to begin the XP Boot sequence
    3.Press enter when given the option (R-repair, Enter-install XP, F3- To quit)
    4. Now press F8
    5. Now press R- For Repair
    6. Hit enter and Xp will install all over but will only repair your windows folder without damaging any programs and data.

Or

to repair the issue with winsrv

Follow steps 1-2 from above
    this time select R- Repair
    You now come to a Dos screen
    press 1 for windows or which ever number corresponds to your windows folder
    -press Enter once asked for Administrator Password or enter your pass code if you put a password.
    -okay your screen now looks like c:\>
    -type: cd windows (Put a space in between cd & windows)
    -now it should look something like c:\windows>
    -Type: cd system32 (Put a space in between cd & system32)
    -now it should look something like c:\windows\system32>
    -now you have to options you can type: delete winsrv.dll "or" ren winsrv.old
    -then type your cd drive:\ ie. D:\
    -it sholud look like d:\> or what ever letter your drive is.
    -now type: copy d:\i386\driver.cab\winsrv.dll c:\windows\system32\
    - and good luck hope that helped you, if that didn't work wipe your hard drive and start fresh.

contact me @ sotelo24@gmail.com if you run into issues later.

23. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

There are plenty of current threads requiring assistance without replying to threads that are 4 years old.

Closed...!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds