Compaq Presario SR5414UK XP drivers needed!

Discussion in 'Software' started by shhea, Aug 3, 2009.

1. shhea

shhea Private E-2

I have a Presario SR5414UK. I didnt like Vista so I installed XP Professional SP3.

Ive formatted the PC before and been able to get things working fine, however...this time, I cant seem to find the right drivers.

I have a Samsung Viewsonic Q19WB monitor. For some reason the disc wont install the drivers so I have to do it manually. I can only assume its worked!

Please help! Ive searched all over, spent most of the day on this, but finally I must admit defeat and call for your help!

2. shhea

shhea Private E-2

Please help me! Ive already installed the G31 express chipset, but the graphics still dont look right!

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

Your video drivers are available from Intel at this link. If you've already installed these drivers but something still doesn't seem right, go to the Control Panel > Display > Settings and make sure the resolution is set correctly along with the color depth. Also, if the Intel video chipset is not listed under Display Adapters in the Device Manager, then the driver did not install correctly. In this scenario, uninstall any driver that may be currently installed and restart the PC. Then download and install your chipset driver from this link. These chipset drivers are different from the video drivers and should be installed before the video driver. Once the chipset driver is installed, restart the PC and install the video drivers from the first link I posted... good luck! Let us know how it goes!
    :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds