Need Replacement for EasyShare Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by kimmiet, Jun 10, 2013.

1. kimmiet

kimmiet Private E-2

Hi All! I'm new to this forum.

I have a question. I just got a new computer. I thought all my programs had been copied over to it, but no! :cry I have a Kodak EasyShare CX7525 camera. The camera works fine and I don't really want to replace it. Unfortunately, my EasyShare software program is not on my new computer and I can't find the disc that came with it. I went to Kodak and you can't download the program anymore! :banghead I had the printer dock as well but, don't use it anymore since I got my Kodak Hero 9.1 printer.
    What free program can I use to upload my photos from my camera to the computer and then edit them? I also have pictues saved on flash drives and would like to be able to view and/or edit them as well.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    P.S. If I locate the disc, would I be able to install it? A friend told me that since it's not supported by Kodak anymore, my disc would be useless. Is that true? :confused

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

In regard to the P.S. — if you locate the disk, by all means install the software. Kodak may no longer support the device, but that doesn't render the software invalid. It just means you won't get any updates from Kodak.

The flash drives you should be able to simply plug into a USB port and Windows should automatically install the drivers for the USB device. It will then be seen by Windows as a removable drive that can be opened by double clicking on the icon in the "My Computer" window.

As far as the camera itself, does it have an SD card in it that the pictures are saved to? If it does, the same thing can be accomplished with the SD card using an SD card reader. Plug the card into the reader and plug the USB connector into a port on your computer. The same thing will happen for the SD card that happened for the flash drive(s).

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I never install camera software (I owned three digital cameras: HP, Nikon and Canon).
    I put the sd card into either a reader or a slot on the computer and copy the unaltered files to the computer. Next I burn the pictures to a data CD before I attempt to edit any.
    I'm a picture-taker, not a photographer. Likewise, I don't tinker much. For my simple needs, I use IrfanView. http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/irfanview.html

If you do like to do fancy editing of the Adobe Photoshop variety, I'm sure someone else can recommend something a bit more robust.

Here are some freebies that might offer more. I did look at PhotoFiltre but it was more than I wanted to tackle.

4. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

I do the same with my pics from camera, connect camera to computer, copy them over. Working on copies is a great idea, saves much grief for many people after they have mangled a pic and can't get it back to right. That copy on the CD/DVD is a lifesaver ;)

Two free photo editors:

|MG| Gimp A Photoshop like app, a bit of a learning curve.

|MG| Paint.NET Nice and a bit easier to use

5. Jemcrystal

Jemcrystal Private E-2

I have the same exact problem. Tried Google Plus' Picasa 3. It works to get pics off my camera (I think???) but not movies. I am really hating Kodac for discontinuing Easy Share. I run Windows Vista. Every time I ask for help peeps say the same stupid thing, "Just plug your camera in it worked for me!" But they don't realize old PC's don't have a built in camera program!

This buying a computer chip and using it to transfer or take out your camera's computer chip advice is so not making sense. If I took my camera's chip out I would be breaking my camera. There is no way for my camera to talk to a computer chip. I have a usb cable that came with the camera. It was meant to talk to a Program!

I hate you, Kodac. :mad:

6. Jemcrystal

Jemcrystal Private E-2

Sorry for the double post but forum wouldn't let me come back and edit my prev post. I downloaded the Easyshare software from here: Freeware Files.com http://www.freewarefiles.com/downloads_counter.php?programid=39988 And then clicking the download link entitled "FreeWare Files Direct Download" in small blue print to the right.

Very risky yes but it looks like I'm good.

Anyway in the Kodak EasyShare setup you have to choose "repair" and it takes a long time (10 minutes?). Not that it's repairing anything I had my PC memory replaced.

The link above was not the first lead link but this was:
    http://www.freewarefiles.com/Kodak-EasyShare-Software_program_39988.html

Just because I made it safe without a virus doesn't mean the link will still be safe in the future from now. So depends on how bad you want it but as of Nov 24, 2014 THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR KODAK EASYSHARE other than buying a new computer with newer Windows.

Good luck all. :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds