virutual and actual cd roms not working, nor any cd rom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by madhog6, May 29, 2008.

1. madhog6

madhog6 Private E-2

I have looked and searched for 2 days on google and this website and a few others.
    To start out, I played diablo2, turned off my computer, it installed updates while shutting down. The next time I get on, my cd-rom wont read anything.

So, I tried deamon tools, that doesn't work anymore either. I took both my friend's cd-roms, got drivers, and they wont work either.

In device manager, every single cd-rom had a yellow circle with an exclamation point. It said, "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". It said same with the others that I found drivers for.

The problem with that is my cdrom TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552L, does not have drivers I can download, as far as ive heard anyway.
    I have uninstalled reinstalled, taken out of computer, put back in computer, tried different cables, literally pried off the sides of my tower because I could not figure out how to get them in and out of there. Until afterwards, anyway,
    I am about to try system restore, which never helped me before.

My Os is windows xp on some cheap hp machine I got from circuit city. need anymore info? tell me what and where to get it.

Please help, I am about to throw my comp out the window before too long.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Go to a restore point before this happened.

3. madhog6

madhog6 Private E-2

Yep, it worked. thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds