Freemake problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by smallfry1, Sep 13, 2011.

1. smallfry1

smallfry1 Private E-2

Hello everyone.

A computer magazine, Computer Shopper has recommended the use of Freemake video converter.
    I have just downloaded it and have already "lost" three blank DVD disks trying to record a short movie I found on the Web.

The file was in *.FLV format but every time I tried to playback the DVD all I got was a screen comprising what looked like floorboard patterned linoleum/vinyl and up in the top left hand corner of the screen was a window playing about the first minute of the movie and nothing else. oh, and there was no sound either.

Could anyone tell me what I was doing wrong please ( I have not tried burning a video before.

Many thanks.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's. I have moved your thread to the software forum. ;)

3. jimsing59

jimsing59 Private E-2

Freemake is the worst program that I have tested recently and is not even Windows 8 compatible. Freemake Video Downloader is a little better and I recommend using it if you just have to have a Freemake product.
    :mad

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds