Hey Gang, Major Geeks Folding team is taking a beating

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BCGray, Aug 13, 2007.

1. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Hey gang our Major Geeks "Folding" team is taking a really beating lately, so dust of the Old CPU and get those "spare" cycles working for both Your Health and to help out the MG Team. Remember when you find out you need the "Cure" its to late to help, plus its sooooooooooooo easy to do

[​IMG]

2. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

I am trying :)

3. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Yea and your doing a terrific job BM, your marching right up the MG folding list:clap:celebrate:dood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. N5638J

N5638J Guest

I am trying too as you can see but no matter what i do my PCs just don't want to play nice. First of all rig one and three died then got them two running again. Then rig two would not let F@H connect. Then after i get that working again the on-board network port on rig one that gives internet access to rig two dies so reg 2 can no longer get work for F@H until i get the money for a network card. Rig three is turning out a unit every two days and rig one has been working on the same work unit for over a week when it was turning out a unit every two days as well. Is it ok for me to scream and jump out the window?

5. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Thanks for reminding me...the project I was on for another site was finished last month, and I've been meaning to get another one. I shall sign up forthwith for y'all. :)

6. BCGray

BCGray Guest

No its not hey we would miss yea Bro:D

Thanks Sgt. Tibbs we can use all the help we can get, the "Old Major's" been sliding down hill in the "Folding Dept", the shame of it is that we have a large group of "Folders" that have left the Fold, and it would be nice to get them back Folding again(sorry for the Pun:)), so we can get the "Major" roaring again.

Anyone interested in folding, Please remember to put in the Major Geeks Folding Team # 12072

Thanks All

7. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

What 'exactly' does it mean to be 'folding'?
    I have often wondered what this means as I am sure other members are just as curious? :)

8. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

I have put my pc in the mix lets see how mine does :)

9. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Hey, Guy n' Gals;

We are doing a "Bang Up" job considering the number of CPUs we have folding. We are a small team and doing great. However, we need more folders.

I currently have 5 CPUs folding, it should be 7 but 2 have dropped in the last couple of months. Hardware issues.

So, if your not folding let's join up and help science defeat cancer.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41097

10. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Now folks Shadow_Puter_Dude is one of our top thirty "Folders" and started "Folding" back in 05 and has accumulated a total of over 100,000 points!!!!:clap:celebrate. Way to go Bro, and Thanks again for your help, when I joined the "Fold"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

You know just recently I was reading about it trying to understand what it is and I didn't get it at all. Thought it best I stay out rather then making a mess

12. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Hey gang its as easy as using your Major Geeks username then downloading the "Graphic" client of your choice(Yes even Linux & Mac) from this link http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html install the Major Geeks Team # 12072 and you "Officially Folding". Now you can tweak your folding numbers by making some changes later if you want.

Oh and by the way you will never even notice it is working unless you want to watch your "Folding" work, it simply uses any "Spare" CPU cycles and defaults automatically to any other program you are running.

So to all that feel intimidated by all the "Folding Geeks" tweaks............DON'T
    Just jump into the "Folding Pool" and swim with the Guppies for awhile, then later you can become a "Folding Shark" like the top five on the Major Geeks Team if you want. Remember the life you save by "Folding" maybe your own.

[​IMG]

13. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Yeah, I'm slowing sneaking up on Major Attitude! He's gonna need another computer to stay in front of me!

14. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Like I said, I'm catching up. :D

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds