Broadcom wireless problems...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jawa Slayer, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

Hi guys, my friend just got a new Acer 3023 laptop with a built in broadcom wireless 802.11g card. I've installed the included drivers and utility and ensured the wireless card is active but it won't pick up my wireless network. All the computers on my network use netgear cards. I put the laptop right next to the router and it still can't see the network. Usually there are 2 or 3 wireless networks availible in my house but the laptop can't see any of them, the network is 'not connected' in network connections. I'm not sure what to do next?

2. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

I just tried changing one of the computers on my network to an ad-hoc network called 'test' and the laptop found it. I guess this means the card isn't faulty. Why can it see an ad-hoc network, but won't see my infastructure network???

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

You put service pack 2 on? I noticed that when I installed it here, my card could now pick up networks...

4. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

yeah, it has sp2 installed. Just won't see the network while all the others do. it's stupid...

5. gay2jp

gay2jp Private First Class

Make sure the PC's software firewall eables communication with the network, else it will hear the router but not send to it, and thus never give the ssid message needed for a connection.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds