Motherboard replacement wrong disc reloaded

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TimmyK, Jul 15, 2012.

1. TimmyK

TimmyK Private E-2

Just had the video chip replaced in my HP dv-7-1135r,and wrong disc was reloaded! When system went down it had just restarted itself loading 3 of 3 windows updates, and video chip went out, sent it off had it replaced, and I reloaded wrong disc! I reloaded 1:crap from where hard drive had been cleaned:foolish. So now I am back to a screen that just sits there saying it's loading 3 of 3 just like before. Am I going to have to go back , and rewipe harddrive to resolve this problem I guess, or is there something else I can do to get around this, and reload factory disc?:confused:-o Thanks for any help!!!!

2. TimmyK

TimmyK Private E-2

Is there no one that can give me some kind of help?? REALLY!!!!!!:confused

3. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

1) Try booting the PC in Safe Mode (keep pressing "F8" as soon as you turn it on - you should get a black/white screen giving you several options including "Safe Mode").

2) Once in safe mode, go to CONTROL PANEL > DEVICE MANAGER (Win 7, Vista) or CONTROL PANEL > SYSTEM > HARDWARE > DEVICE MANAGER (XP). Find the offending driver and uninstall it (do not disable the device).

3) Restart the PC. If the problem is not solved, restart the PC while pressing "F8" and choose "Repair Your Computer". It is likely you'll need the Windows install DVD for the repair process.

4) After uninstalling the video driver, you'll likely have the generic VGA driver with lousy (600x800) resolution on your screen. Go to the video card mfr's web site (nvidia.com, amd.com for ati drivers or intel.com) and download the newest version of the correct driver. On NVIDIA and ATI cards, the websites have an auto-detect option if you're not sure which driver to install.

Hope this helps. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds