Realtek HD Audio Device Manager

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ACC04, May 17, 2008.

1. ACC04

ACC04 Private E-2

Here is the problem.

When I plug my headset into the front of my computer ( there are two jacks for a headset and mic ) I make sure they are in the correct jacks. Realtek pops up a box and I select "Headphones". I then went into Vent so I can chat with some people. Now I can hear them talking but when I went to talk the mic was not picking up my voice. I know it was not Vent because I also tried to record myself using the Windows Recorder. Also what I have noticed is that when I had the recorder running and I was in vent, I held down the talk button while someone else in vent was speaking, and then I played back the recorder because I wanted to see if I could hear myself. For some odd reason it recorded the person who was talking on vent.

I have a brand new Alienware PC. All my drivers are updated, I checked and double checked. Nothing is muted, I checked and double checked. The headset works, I checked on another PC and I could use the mic and hear with no problems. I also have Windows Vista 32bit.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Not sure about this because I don't use a headset, but right click your Volume icon and select Sounds. Then click the Recording tab and check to see if you can select Vent for your Microphone.

3. ACC04

ACC04 Private E-2

No luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds