Fixing my home page on google chrome

Discussion in 'Software' started by Knowsum, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Knowsum

Knowsum Private E-2

It could have been my 'fiddling' that caused it but, now, I have to sign in to see my personalised home page - using Google Chrome. Previously I clicked the short cut and up came my personalised home page. Anyone with a clue as to how I fix this problem? :-o

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Under Settings > On Startup you need to set the home page there, and also under Appearance > check the "Home Button" and then set the page that comes up when you click the home button under "Change".

Otherwise it just comes up with the Most Visited/Apps page.

3. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

What do you mean "sign in to see my personalised home page?" Is the page password protected?

If you just want a desktop icon to double click to open a page, go to the page and drag the star icon next to the URL to the desktop. Delete the old one first. See:

http://www.tothepc.com/archives/make-desktop-shortcut-of-url-in-chrome-by-drag-drop/

This is different from brownizs' excellent advice to set the home page from within the browser...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds