No Audio Device Problem (Realtek HD Audio)

Discussion in 'Software' started by JaydotSee, May 22, 2010.

1. JaydotSee

JaydotSee Private E-2

Right my Sony Vaio VGN-FJ1S/W currently has no sound. Under "Sound and Audio Device Properties" in Control Panel it says i have no audio device however under Device Manager it states there are no issues with the "Realtek High Definition Audio". However when the laptop boots up I get the Sony Vaio startup sound which plays at the Vaio animation screen before the Windows Splash Screen. Then once I log in to a user account I have no sound at all other than the default windows' beep.

So from this I can tell that the sound card which is onboard is fully functioning otherwise I wouldn't hear the sound on startup, eventhough when i run DXDIAG it says there is no sound card found.

So far I have tried:

• Uninstalling/Reinstalling Audio Drivers through Device Manager
    • Rolling back the drivers in Device Manager
    • Editing the registry from SP3 to SP2 and installing "KB888111xpsp2.exe" then reverting back to SP3
    • Uninstalling the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver from Add/Remove Programs then reinstalling older and newer versions

I have included a hardware log from PC Wizard containing my laptop specs aswell as screenshots. I'm sure there is a simple step I am missing which is why I am posting here to get others' ideas' as I have tried everything I can think of. I think I have included as much information as I can but if anything else is needed then I'll be happy to get it.

Compmgmt.jpg

S&AProps.JPG

View attachment HardwareLog.TXT

DXDIAG.JPG

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Sony's website provides Realtek drivers, so you have a Realtek chip, yet the logs say you have an Intel chip. Interesting.

Try this: open Device manager, right-click on "Realtek HD audio" and choose "delete". Then restart and cancel any XP prompts and install the drivers from the Sony site.

3. JaydotSee

JaydotSee Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. From Sony's website I downloaded the appropriate drivers required for my laptop (VGN-FJ1S/W). In the .zip file it contained both the Realtek HD Audio Driver and the UAA High Definition Audio Class Driver. I uninstalled both of these drivers from device manager. I then reinstalled the UAA High Definition Audio Class driver, restarted the system, reinstalled Realtek High Definition Audio Driver downloaded from Sony's website then restarted once again after the installation was complete. I still have no audio device under the Sound and Audio Device Properties. :confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds