Amilo L7300 Notebook Ram installation issues.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by doddz, Mar 26, 2011.

1. doddz

doddz Private E-2

Hello all,

A friend of mine is currently using a Fujitsu - Siemens Amilo L7300 notebook. It's old and clunky but it does the job as he can't currently afford an upgrade. I did manage to get him some ram however, but when it came to popping it in, I turned the laptop over to find no access point to open to put the ram in easily.

I've tried looking online for a detailed service manual or a tutorial to show me how to get inside to add the ram but I've not had any luck.

On the official website of fujitsu - siemens ...

http://ts.fujitsu.com/support/manuals.html

I found what appear to be the manuals for the machine (in the Notebooks - Former models - Amilo - Amilo L7300 ) however when it comes to memory expansion it says should only be carried out by professionals bla bla and gives nothing more. I'm wondering if a complete schematic of the laptop is available anywhere or if anyone has any advice on where to put the ram in.

Thanks a lot for reading.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

3. doddz

doddz Private E-2

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

From the look and reading the steps, it is under the keyboard. I had to add additional RAM to an old micron laptop and I had to fold back the keyboard to do it. I made a large enough work area so when the keyboard was loose near the screen hinge, I simply laid the keyboard upside down in front of the laptop because of the connector. I then had to remove a metal heat shield to get to the RAM slots.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds