Word XP question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Coreyann, May 20, 2004.

1. Coreyann

Coreyann Private E-2

I'm filing out a quiz on word, and at the end they tell me to click the add-it-up button, so my answers appear at the bottom, but I can't find it! What are they talking about??

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

sounds like something specific to the document you're working in.

3. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

Do you mean auto-sum?

4. Coreyann

Coreyann Private E-2

It says exactly add-it-up button in the instructions. It says to check your security settings and "if your macros is enabled and you click on the add-it-up button your answers will appear here."Sorry if I sound stupid, but I'm not really a computer person! But, I do know how to use word!

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

it's a macro that is embedded in THAT particular word document. It is not a native feature of word. We can't help you with out seeing the document.

6. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

You're not stupid, there's alot of stuff to know, and no one person can keep it all straight, hence these fabulous forums! :)

Welcome to MG, BTW!

Go to Tools, Macros, and see what your security settings are. Maybe they are too high, and it won't run macros for you, but I'm not sure if this is the answer. Maybe it will get us moving in the right direction.

What Kodo said got me to thinking too. In that same spot, you can enter in a macro, and maybe that is what needs to happen. Again, not sure if this is the right answer. When in doubt, listen to Kodo, not me!! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds