HP Officejet Pro 8000 will not print Excel in landscape

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rb3bm4, Jun 6, 2012.

1. rb3bm4

rb3bm4 Private E-2

Basic problem is I am unable to print an Excel 2010 spreadsheet in landscape with my HP Officejet Pro 8000 printer using Windows 7 (64 bit). This happens despite formatting it in landscape in Excel and printer. In addition, even if I go to the Control Panel, select the printer, right click, go to Printing Preferences, and set to landscape. However, it will print landscape with Word. The latest printer driver has been downloaded from HP. This problem developed spontaneously about six months ago. When printer first purchased and installed it would print Excel spreadsheets landscape.
    RB

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Try doing a complete uninstall of the printer, then reinstall the appropriate package from hp.com for the printer. You can also try by doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of Office also.

3. rb3bm4

rb3bm4 Private E-2

Did uninstall and re-install of printer and this did not solve the problem. Should I conclude this is an Excel problem and not a printer issue? Can't put my hands on Excel cd at the moment to do the software uninstall/re-install.
    RB

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds