*** ~ THE METAL FRAME ON THE SIDE OF MY LAPTOP SNAPPED - can i glue or how to fix? ~

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iambinary, Aug 28, 2014.

1. iambinary

iambinary Private E-2

Good links are good. Thanks.

Or what are some good sites to ask for this kind of question??

*** ~ THE METAL FRAME ON THE SIDE OF MY LAPTOP SNAPPED - can i glue or how to fix? ~

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Re: *** ~ THE METAL FRAME ON THE SIDE OF MY LAPTOP SNAPPED - can i glue or how to fix

What's the make and model of the laptop? METAL frame snapped? How? Plastic you might be able to glue. You may need to find a replacement case part and swap everything over.

3. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

Re: *** ~ THE METAL FRAME ON THE SIDE OF MY LAPTOP SNAPPED - can i glue or how to fix

It would help a lot if you could take a picture of the damage and attach it to your next post. If you don't know how to do that, check out this page: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

4. howiefix

howiefix Private E-2

I use a product called E6000, it works on plastic and metal, you must clamp or use rubber bands to hold the parts together for 24 hours.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds